Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spring Training

It's definitely hard to ignore the birds chirping and the general sense of rebirth, even when we're still surrounded by so much snow. I know it has to melt at some point, right? It just seems like that will never happen. Regardless, I gotta keep the faith. March in NH is a good time to remember that without faith, we're sort of just going through the motions. As I'm finally getting back to my 20 miles a week I thought I'd get back to posting. The sky was incredibly blue yesterday, so I stopped to snaps some pics. I actually skipped the music for my 6 miles, and worked out some ideas and planning for our summer camping trip out to Sequoia National Park, which I'm beyond stoked about. As I ran along the snow lined trails and roads I mentally packed for my trip: 2 pairs of cutoffs, 7 tee shirts, 1 hoodie/fleece, 2 long button shirts and1 pair of jeans. Meals while gypsy living for 2 weeks? Seed bread with avocado, banana/almond butter/honey wraps, CA grown fresh fruit and veggies, beans and rice, repeat. The one and only thing I can do right is pack light. It's usually just one big Patagonia duffel filled with stuff for Solvieg, Lila and me and we're never at a loss. We'll be out in that general area for a couple of weeks as soon as school lets out. 8 snow days this year, so we're in school seemingly forever....
    Nothing but blue skies 3 miles in

 Last wknd in the Whites, I'm behind Jeff (whose pulling Solvieg) pulling Lila in a pulk. This was a glorious ski for us and a great wknd with friends.
I found some dirt to run along  amidst the leftover snow about mile 5 - it's still hard to come by. I never thought I'd be so excited for dirt. Now, if only the snow would vacate our garden....