Monday, January 27, 2014

Long run: 9.3 miles
Location: Hampton Falls, Exeter
Weather conditions: 33 degrees, partly cloudy

I got my fourth long run out the way today - so far I'm 4 for 4 in terms of winter weather conditions for my long run, which is awesome considering we've been stuck in the polar vortex (if that's something one gets stuck in) for over a week now. The rest of the week looks chilly as hell so I'm glad I got this one over with. My body felt great  today, and I ran a little bit faster than I did last week. The only bummer was my ipod ran out of battery around mile 7. I typically don't even pay too much attention to the background music, but Jeff recently put in some Pink Floyd and as much as I didn't want to admit it, it's PERFECT running music. After last week's run I was compelled to learn Wish You Were Here, which made for a nice night in playing guitar with Jeff. As a kid Floyd's music sort of scared me. As a young adult I was indifferent to it. But today as an almost 41 year old mom of two who spends her alone time trecking along country roads, I find it absolutely brilliant.